With respect to therapeutic projects the Neuroallianz is currently focusing on the development of small molecules. Therefore projects have been selected for which targets on a molecular level are already identified. One of these projects is planned to start to clinical development in the course of this initiative. Moreover, the Neuroallianz pipeline includes projects in which - as a first step - potential therapeutic targets of neurodegenerative diseases are identified.
List of therapeutic Neuroallianz projects:
- T3 (T3, T3B, T3B): New concept for the treatment of neuroinflammatory and neurodegenerative diseases
- T6 B: Structural analysis of the serotonin transporter
- T7 B: Optimization of P2X4-Receptor-Antagonists as therapeutics for neurodegenerative and neuroinflammatory diseases
- T8 B: Treatment of neurodegenerative diseases/modulation of of oxidative stress
- N2 (N2, N2B): Drug target identification through RNAi screening
- N3 (N3, N3B): Identification of micro-RNAs and their target mRNAs and investigation of biochemical pathways and the in vitro phenotype of deregulated microRNAs in epilepsy